Followers

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

So Glad We're Friends.....?????

Hello everyone: I'm here again with another card to share with you today. When I know more or less that my day will not be as busy, I have the chance to come to my craft room and just let the MOJO flow. Besides, I just received a new set of plain rubber images that I bought sometime ago and today, I finally cut them up and use a couple of this images from a fabulously funny Katzelkraft stamp set called Less Chats Russes , I just love all of this images, they come in a sheet of deeply etched red rubber, you have the option of getting them cling mounted if you'd like but I buy them just like that, I just trim around and they stamp beautifully. Here is my card, that I'm linking to the Can You CASE It? sketch challenge.

I don't know about this cat's expression, he is either ignoring the little "friend" or he is pretending to ignore him to pounce on him in a split second, what do you think? I stamped the cat on a piece of Canson water color paper with Stazon Jet Black ink and colored it with the aqua painter and SU markers in More Mustard for the body and a little bit of Certainly Celery for his eyes. The mouse was also stamped with Stazon ink but on a bigger panel of water color paper in which I glued a strip of pattern paper from my stash. First I wanted to stamp the mouse separate and then snip him out but that tail was going to be nearly impossible to cut so I glued the paper first then, using my MISTI  I stamped the mouse right on top of the paper to give the illusion he is standing on it? I hope this is ok with the challenge, the sketch doesn't have another image on that line.
Here is a close up picture of this unlikely pair of friends.


Here is a picture of the finished inside.

The sentiment is from a retired Flourishes set called "Dahlias" and the teeny, tiny mousy is from another classic and adorable retired SU set called "Furry Folk", from the 2011-2012 Idea Book and Catalog. 
Here is the sketch that inspired this card.
CYCI#108
Thank you for stopping by, until next time, (maybe a bit later? LOL!!) happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.


12 comments:

Eva Bussom said...

HA! I love it! Super cute card, love the sentiments! Thanks for joining CYCI :) Eva

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Eva, this sketch was just perfect for breaking in this set, all of this cats images are just so much fun.

Sheri Gilson said...

Super cute!

Mary Fish said...

Love that kitty look!

Unknown said...

Love that kitty! And that mouse is too precious for words...love your card...thanks for joining us at CYCI ~ Wynne

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by, Sheri.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hmm.. I don't know what to make of that look, to me I think he is just trying to ignore his little "friend", LOL!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Wynne, it was fun to play along at CYCI.

Chloe said...

This card is brilliant Maria!! I absolutely love the cat and the cheeky mouse. I think the sentiment is perfect!! Thanks for joining us at CYCI - Chlo x

Unknown said...

Maria... Absolutely adorable and brilliant! I adore the cat (as mine sits staring at me!) Thanks for playing along with the CYCI? Challenge. ~Pam DT

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Chloe, this cat, as well as the other ones in the set, just make me not only smile, but laugh!! The mouse is, like you said, so cheeky!!!
It's fun to play at CYCI.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Pam, cats are funny in a very serious way, I love their prissy attitudes at times, but it's so sweet when they curl up on your lap and purr.
And yes!! they stare!!! LOL!!