Followers

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Oodles of Doodles.....

Hello everyone: Well, I finally got around to finishing my card for the CASology challenge. This week, the Designer Team gals are asking us to DOODLE!!!!! Now, how fabulous is that!!!
A couple of years ago I stumbled on Pinterest with the word ZENTANGLE for the first time and, when I saw the designs, I just immediately got interested.  I've done a few Zentangles since then, it's fun but it does require some time and patience, I have the patience but the time.....well.....sometimes, not so much.  But this afternoon, after I went to the High School to pick up my two older grandkids from Track and Field practice, I came home and sat down in my work desk and totally doodled away.
Here is my card, let me know what you think, there is NO stamping on this card at all.


Ok, I even doodled the "sentiment", I didn't know what to write and I really didn't want to stamp anything so, after practicing a little on a pad of paper I felt comfortable enough to commit to ink on my panel.  The doodle image is all done freehand with a ZIG Millenium Micro Pen .01, this is the only way to be able to draw the small figures on these designs. I have a beginners book with lots of samples so I did like they suggest, dividing my wonky ''square" into sections so I could doodle each sections with a different design.  Here is a close up of all the sections.


 I had a fun and relaxing time, I even doodled the inside of my card.


So, there you have it, I hope you give this challenge a try, there is no wrong doodle, if you make a little mistake, you can always turn it into something.
Here is the CUE CARD that inspired me to doodle.


Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy doodling.
Hugs.


18 comments:

baileyrosy.com said...

Fabulous ! I definetly dont have the patience or the skill required for this you did an amazing job beautiful doodling all over.

Marie

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Baileyrosy, it's fun and relaxing, there is no mistakes, you can always redirect your doodle.

Sonny said...

There `s that Zentangle that you do a jam up job on ! I am sure this is over the top doodling to most people ....and you are so so good at it !

Patti Willey said...

Unbelievable! To connect all of those different tangles together, looks amazing! What do you use for a pen, a Micron pen, teeny tiny? Love the "doodle" sentiment!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

This Doodling thing is just such fun, you can make the space in which you'll do the doodling any shape you want, the res it just about dividing and filling.
Thanks Sonny, I know how much you like this stuff.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Patti, I forgot to put the link to the pen I use, but I just went and fixed it. It's a ZIG Millennium Micro pen .01 this is the only way you can fill in the spaces. The "doodle" sentiment was a last minute decision, after all that doodling, I didn't want to stamp anything.
Thank you for stopping by.

Unknown said...

Gosh Maria! Absolutely AMAZING!! You are a talented lady! Love those micro squares, and your doodled sentiment matches perfectly (of course!!). Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Hazel, I had fun doodling this card, it's my very first card with absolutely no stamping or water coloring.
This challenge is great.

Aileen said...

Wow Maria I so envy you. What a talent. This is stunning. I cannot do this for the life of me, when I first saw this technique years ago I thought wow I love doodling have to give it a go. But it just didnt work at all, I'm too erratic, my doodles just look hilarious by the time I finish. They are nothing like the doodling I like to do on the phone lol. Make sure you do lots more, you are a natural.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Aileen, I do hope you give this style another go, it's just a matter of drawing the first shape that will hold the other designs, it's easier if you divide it into smaller sections like I did, that way you can concentrate on each one and not get overwhelmed. Having a very fine tip pen is key!! And one thing I learned, THERE ARE NO MISTAKES IN DOODLING, it's not supposed to look perfect, after all, it's done totally by hand.
Next time you are doodling on the phone, save those doodles!!! LOL!!

Patti said...

wow!! you are a doodling rock star! : ) Fantastic and interesting design : )

Patti

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Patti, this was really oodles of fun!!
The design was just a doodle itself then, I divided it and doodle away.

Jacquie Southas said...

I am in awe of your work here! The zentangle is fabulous - thank you for playing along with the CASology challenge this week!

Hannelie said...

Every time I see someone actually DOODLE I think I must try it too!
This is an amazing take on the cue Maria! I LOVE it,
Thanks for joining CASology !

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Jacquie, this was fun do doodle, the CASology challenge gave me the chance to do something I don't do often.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by Hannelie, I've enjoyed this challenge so much. When I saw the cue word that morning, the word Zentangle came rushing to my mind, I knew I was given the chance to doodle a little.

Tracey McNeely said...

Maria this is fabulous, so glad that you sat down with your pen. Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by Tracey, and thanks to the DT at the CASology challenge for the chance for us to doodle away!!!this was really lots of fun!!