Followers

Friday, April 29, 2016

Beautiful and retiring.....

Hello dear friends: Well, it's that time of the year when SU announces the retiring items from the old catalog, there are quite a few stamp sets I'm lucky to have and you can be sure, they will be treasured and enjoyed for many years. I made this card with not retiring stamp sets but with beautiful colors that are on their way out, the In Colors collection is my favorite, I love the deep, rich shades of Blackberry Bliss, Tangelo Twist, Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon and Mossy Meadow, whether stamped right from the pad or use them for my water coloring, I truly love this colors. So, my card is made with the new Botanical Builder Framelits Dies, (Not retiring!!) I used water color paper for the flowers, which I sponged with Blackberry Bliss, Tangelo Twist, Hello Honey and Lost Lagoon, and some card stock for the leaves, which I sponged with Mossy Meadow. Here is my card, which I will link to the Pals Paper Arts sketch challenge by Ginger Toivonen.


This was a fun card to create, this framelits cut perfectly, then it was just a matter of sponging and arranging my flowers on the panel that I sponged with Hello Honey, the sentiment is from my stash and it's stamped with Lost Lagoon on this other panel that I sponged with the same ink. 
Here is a picture of the finished inside.


The sentiment is from an old Flourishes stamp set called Tulips for Friends, the pretty border is done with the retiring SU Bordering Blooms, both are stamped with Blackberry Bliss.
Here is the sketch that inspired my card.

PPA-298-Apr28

Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

16 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Holy Cow what a Looker! Wow! This die puts a beautiful bouquet together! So sad to see these colors adieu, Blackberry Bliss come on! Beautiful Maria!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Maria, love those flowers and the colours you have used.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Patti, I know, this colors are so beautiful, what can I say. But this dies are amazing, I'm so glad I invested on them, no matter the season or occasion, they will always be fabulous.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Aileen, to bad this colors will be gone soon but glad I have them.

Sonny said...

Pretty ! I agree that these dies produce some beautiful results . Wait until you see the new catalog !!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my gosh!! please Sonny, the wait is always hard to take. I hope I find some stamps and other things in this new catty that tickle my fancy.

Mary Fish said...

My word this is gorgeous. I love the font of the sentiment and it's such a sweet take on the sketch!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, I'm totally in love with this Framelits and this lovely retiring colors will be missed.

Ginger said...

Beautiful card and beautiful sentiment! Your card is perfect for the sketch and full of fun. Thanks for playing with the PPA this week!

Susan Itell said...

Where to begin...this is stunning! You made the framelits proud and you are certainly going to make your friend smile! Thanks for sharing your talent...again!

Ann Schach said...

So beautiful, Maria! I love the flowers. These framelits are favorites of mine for sure! Great color choices! I LOVE the sentiment!!! Thanks for playing with the Sketch Team at Pals Paper Arts this week!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Ginger, I'm just loving this framelits, the PPA sketch was perfect for this flowers.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Susan, so nice of you to visit. This Framelits are going to be used over and over through out the year.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Ann, I'm so happy you stopped by. I love this dies and the colors that are retiring, I'm so glad I still have ink and paper in this lovely shades.

Sandie Conner said...

Beautiful! I love how you used those flowers, and the colors are fantastic. Thanks for having fun with the PALS this week!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Glad you stop by Sandie, love this fabulous sketch.