Followers

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Ribbon and Lace.....

Hello everyone: I finally finished this card for the Freshly Made Sketches , with a sketch by Jane B., my hubby has been on vacation since last Tuesday the 29th. and, well.....it's been a bit difficult to get to my craft room, we've been going out a couple of times, doing some Spring cleaning, yard work and stuff like that, tomorrow he'll go back to work, 3 of my grandkids go back to school and I will have, once again, my much missed time in my craft room back. I've been working on this card for a while now and I almost didn't post it, I changed the background a couple of times, I've been really distracted but I finished it and I said "what the heck!! I'll share it, hope you like it.  Here is my card.


This is a very old stamp I bought as a package from a lady that was having a rummage sale on her blog, I didn't know what I was getting, it was kind of a "surprise" deal so, I took a leap of faith, since I really liked her cards and bought it, the $5.00 price tag for 8-10 stamps was very tempting, all I new was that they were "Feminine and Flirty". Well, let me tell you, all of them are beautiful and this one is kind of what the other ones look like. I don't know the company where they came from so, if any of you have seen this image, I would love it if you could tell me, thank you in advance.
I stamped the image onto Canson water color paper and lightly colored it with SU markers, the pattern paper is from Lili of the Valley and the sentiment is from Flourishes (retired), I stamped it with Stazon Jet Black ink onto vellum and fussy cut it, I adhere it with two little pieces of double sided tape.
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


This is the sketch that inspired my card.
I know I went a bit longer with the image but that is why I kind of broke it down with the sentiment across the bottom part, I hope this is ok.
Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.





12 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Stunning! I watched a movie in Japanese (had to read the subtitles for 2 hours!) and it was about a Lingerie line, this is one beautiful Maniquin offering something lovely for Spring! The patterned paper is perfect and so is your layout I'm glad you got a chance to post it!

Unknown said...

So beautiful. So happy you got the chance to play along. Limited time is my problem too, I fully understand that ! Big hugs

Sonny said...

Very feminine and soft. A pretty image ...reminds me of a twenties look .

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I'm glad I decided to post it Patti, this image is really beautiful indeed, the other ones are just as pretty.
Thank you, my friend.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thanks Anita, I really been trying to keep my old routine but it's hard at times.
But I love this image and I'm glad to share it with you guys.
This stamps were purchased way before thoughts of a blog popped into my head so I'm glad I can give them a chance to shine.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thanks Sonny, this image is just so soft and pretty, I wish I could have a dress like that.....

Jen Brum said...

What a sweet card! I love the image! Such great colouring! Love all of the pink! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Mary Fish said...

Vintage, cool and perfect with the sentiment!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Jen, the sketch was just perfect for this kind of long image.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, this is indeed a very vintage little dress.

Amy O said...

What a sweet image, and I love it with the polka dotted background. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

Love that vintage image. So pretty in pink. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!