Followers

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Days of Yore.....

Hello everyone and welcome to another challenge at SHOPPING OUR STASH, this week we want to see your creations with a Vintage, Shabby Chic, distress look. This style is so beautiful so I was so happy to have a few stamps I bought a long time ago and hardly ever used. Here is my card that I hope inspire you to come and play with us.


This stamp came in a set I bought on Ebay, all the images on this set are like this, very vintage and feminine, I love them. I think I've used this stamp only once and I think the other ones have never been used so I was so happy that the SHOPPING OUR STASH Challenge this week asked for this style of card making so I went and Shopped MY Stash to create this card.
I stamped the dress image onto Strathmore mixed media paper with Antique Linen distress ink, I wanted the lines to be soft and looking old, then I softly colored it with SU markers and an aqua painter and then, ran a distress little tool around the edges.   The background was also stamped with distress ink, the little cameo on the right is from an old Flourishes background stamp, I did a bit of masking to surround the rose with some buds and added some peach colored pearls to give the panel some vintage feel. 
The butterfly and ribbon are from my stash, the sentiment from the set. 
*************************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment and the basket of flowers are from an old Flourishes set called "Around the Harbor". I sponged Baked Brown Sugar around the panels to make them look old.
I hope you got inspired to get into your Vintage, Shabby Chic mode, go Shop YOUR Stash and join my teammates and me in the gallery. 
Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate this more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria. 


6 comments:

Chana Malkah said...

Maria, this is so pretty! I just love your palette and the clever use of embellishments. The distressing on the interior is lovely! Great job!
Hugz,
Chana

Chris Dring said...

What a great image for this challenge! Love the colors you used and your card design!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Perfect vintage card Maria! I love the colors and the images and details you added!!

lauren bergold said...

so pretty, maria!

Mary Fish said...

shabby chic extraordinaire!

Lisa said...

So much texture and beauty. Wonderful!