Followers

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Deep Purple Dreams.....

Hello everyone: Most of you know I adore Faeries, my adult heart tells me they might
not be real but my little girl's heart keeps hoping they are. Some years ago my husband's aunt, who is like my big sister, gifted me with 25 gorgeous, amazing Fairy rubber stamps that she found at a thrift store, all unmounted, stained, dirty, dusty and abandoned, to this day, I can't imagine anybody getting rid of this beauties but, there they were, all in a cardboard box for $10.00.
After washing them really good, I started stamping them just to see what they looked like and, to my complete surprise and total delight, each one revealed to me the amazing and gorgeous images that are now mine. I've told this story each time I make a card with one of this images so, here is this card I made with one of them, hope you like it.  I'm linking this card to a few challenges at the end of this post.

For some reason, when I started coloring this sleeping Fairy, THIS SONG came to my head, (it will take a few seconds to start, ok?) do you remember it? if you are as old as me, you might.  It gave me a sweet trip down memory lane, my first daughter was just one year old and my hubby and I used to watch this show all the time. I don't know, the World seemed to be a lot simpler back then or maybe, I was just so happy with my little baby girl, that whatever else that might have been going on that was bad, was overlooked. Hope you enjoy listening.
I stamped the image onto a die cut panel of Strathmore multi media paper with Versafine black ink and clear heat embossed it, then colored it with SU markers, deep purple Crayola marker and an aqua painter, I added a bit of Dazzling Diamonds to her wings and the butterflies.  The pattern paper is from Lili of the Valley (discontinued line, sigh!!😞).
The flourish gold die cut I can't remember where I got it and I apologize for that. When I started stamping, I never thought of having a blog so I always threw out the packaging of my stuff, now I wish I'd never done it. The sentiment word is a die from Elizabeth Crafts.
*********************************************************************************
This is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment is one of my favorites from a retired Flourishes set called "Orchids", the little butterflies from my stash.
I would like to enter this card onto the following challenges.
The Alphabet Challenge "V is for Violet" 
Fussy and Fancy Challenge #179 "Angels/Fairies or Winter"
Your Next Stamp "Sketch or Color Challenge" I chose the sketch.

Creative Corner Challenge "Anything Goes"
Making Memories Crafting Challenge #1 "Anything Goes"

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate this more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.



12 comments:

María Pilar said...

Awesome card. That fairy is really fantastic.
Thanks for joining us at Making Memories Crafting Challenge.
Maria Pilar DT

Janice said...

A gorgeous card, beautiful colours and I love the flourish die!
Thanks for joining us at Making Memories Crafting. HOpe to see you again soon.
Janice DT

Tone K. said...

Beautiful work! I love your swirl.
Thanks a lot for joining us at Fussy and Fancy! :)

Mary Fish said...

Such a gorgeous image. Very art deco. Lovely coloring as always, Maria!

stampfoldandrepeat (Jeanie) said...

Gorgeous colouring! Love how you finished the inside of the card and the sentiment is really nice too.

Marilyn said...

This is so pretty and I love the image.
Thanks for joining us at Making Memories Crafting and I hope you'll be back again.
Marilyn

Julie B said...

Gold and violet are a classy combination and just the colour choice for this classy lady.
Thanks for sharing at the Alphabet Challenge. :)

Tammy said...

This is stunning, I love that beautiful image! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.
Tammy x

Linda said...

Unbelieveable... how can someone 'throw' these stamps away..
I agree.. this is a beauty!
And you made a lovely card with her on it.
Thanks for playing along over at CreativeCornerChallenges.
X Linda DT-CCC

Creatively Cass said...

This is beautiful! I love the colors you used. Just lovely!

Nathalie said...

Very cute christmas card! Thank for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
Nathalie DT

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Such a pretty take on the YNS challenge - the purple and gold look wonderful together. Your story is great too - a magical find! Thanks for joining us at TCP.