Followers

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Button It Up!!!!!

No automatic alt text available.

Hello dear blogging friends: We have a new challenge for you to play with over at RETRO RUBBER, this time we want you to use BUTTONS in your creations, we can't wait to see what you share with us in our gallery. Here is my card that hope inspire you to play along.


I did not have any pretty buttons to make a card for this challenge, just the regular buttons like for shirts or blouses but nothing good enough to use here but, the other day I was at the craft store to get some supplies and, before I leave, I always check the bargain section at the end of the store, this time I found this beautiful buttons right there among other stuff in a small plastic bag, there are about 30 buttons of flowers, watering cans, hats and gardening tools for $1.00, I also found a flower and fence die for $3.00, I love a bargain, don't you?
Anyway, I stamped the leaf stem from the 2014 Stampin' Up! "Peaceful Petals", several times, masking the image as I went down the row, with Wild Wasabi ink, then, colored the leaves with Prismacolor pencils, I sponged some Wild Wasabi ink for the grass and some Tumbled Glass distress ink for the sky.  The little sign is made with THIS Purple Onion stamp trimming it to make just a sign I could hang from the fence with some copper wire.  The sentiment on it is from a 2009 retired Flourishes set called "Sweet Violets", (by Marcella Hawley) and the butterflies are from THIS CC Designs set that is discontinued.
***********************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


Both the sentiment and the little vase in the corner are from a 2013 Flourishes set (images by Marcella Hawley) called "Dahlias".
I hope this card inspires you to join my teammates and I at the RETRO RUBBER gallery, for more inspiration, hop over to the challenge and click on their creations, don't forget to leave them some comment love.
Please remember that the stamps you use to participate and have a chance to be picked as "Top Five" and have the chance to be our Guest Designer MUST BE OLDER THAN A YEAR, if you can give us the age of your stamps or how long you've had them, it would be fabulous.
Also, you can combine our challenge with up to 10 other challenges, including ours.
For more details on our simple rules, please check them out at the top of the challenge page.

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

9 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

Yes, I do love a bargain find - and what a magnificent find! I love your garden scene and my favourite part of it is those exquisite butterflies on the softly sponged background. Lovely!

Karen Dunbrook said...

super cute Maria...great find.
xx Karen

Debbie Mageed said...

Oh, how I love a craft bargain and really love yours. The buttons and fence die were worth the trip!! Beautiful card for spring, Maria!! Love it!

Claire Grantham said...

Got to love a timely craft bargain find! These are super cute buttons, fit your scene perfectly..I think I might need that fence die in my life. Cx

craftysahmiam said...

That bargain find worked perfectly for this challenge, love the scene you've created with the flower buttons

Christine Traversa said...

So colorful and creative! Love how you created the scene! Thank you for the inspiration!❤️

creative lady said...

Maria! What a colorful card, love the buttons you addded to the butterflies.

creative lady said...

Oops I meant flowers!

Neva Cole said...

We thought alike, had to do a little shopping and came home with some fun buttons to play with for this challenge. Love how your card came together!