Followers

Sunday, November 1, 2015

A Season of Thanks for The Paper Players.....

Hello everyone: Well, November is finally here!! It's the start of the Holiday Season and I love it!!! So, I made a card for The Paper Players "Let Us Give Thanks" Fall Thank You cards challenge.  I love the colors of this Season, all so warm and gorgeous, here is my card.
This beautiful image is from Power Poppy's So Grateful stamp set, I love this old chair with this beautiful pumpkin vase holding those pretty Fall flowers.  
My dear friend Patti Willey sent me this images for me to try, we often do this with some of our stamp sets. She stamped this beautiful chair and pumpkin onto a panel of Canson water color paper with Stazon Jet Black ink and I colored it with the aqua painter and my Stampin Up! markers in Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard, Olive Green, Perfect Plum, Elegant Eggplant and Cherry Cobbler. I sponged a bit of Wild Wasabi at the bottom and a bit of Tim Holtz Broken China for the sky. 
The panel behind this image is made using the Paper Napkin Transfer Technique , this technique is super easy to do, the results are amazing, the texture of the panel feels like fabric, so pretty.  With all the beautiful Holiday napkins out there this time of the year, or at any other time, the sky is the limit, I hope you guys give it a try.
I stamped the sentiment with Hello Honey and die cut it using a set of dies from (not totally sure about this) Spellbinders, but I could be wrong.
The wood button is from the bargain bin at Hobby Lobby, a bag of 20 was only .40c
The linen thread is from my stash.
I want to thank you for stopping by, I love reading your comments and I'm so grateful for you leaving me your thoughts, and if you have any questions, please ask me.
This is the banner that inspired this card.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

11 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Bravo! Just beautiful but then Marcella makes such gorgeous forals and botanicals for us to color! This will sure to be one of the very special cards linked up to the Challenge!

Unknown said...

Wow !!! I´m speechless... Love it !

Sonny said...

So pretty and so colorful with all the Fall colors . The pumpkin and flowers are just perfect to show off your gift of coloring and just look at that Broken China sky(one of my favorites) Love the button and twine addition too !

laurie said...

Such a beautiful card,Maria! Love your coloring!

laurie said...

Such a beautiful card,Maria! Love your coloring!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

You are right Patti, it's so easy to create pretty cards with Marcella's awesome images.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Anita.

Claire Broadwater said...

Maria, your card is beautiful! Your coloring is gorgeous! A perfect Fall creation! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Mary Fish said...

Paper napkin transfer technique. This is my first but what a perfect backdrop to your beautiful chair!

Bonnie said...

What a wonderful image and I love the colors and the napkin makes a gorgeous background! I've got to try that technique!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a beautifully coloured creation Maria and combined with some wonderful background papers for your thankful card. Thank you for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!