Followers

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

The Challenge #58.....Masculine.....

Hello everyone: I don't know about you but I hardly ever make masculine cards, I tend to lean towards flowers or cute little critters so cards for men are difficult for me to create.  But heck!! I love a challenge and The Challenge  has a challenge this week and it's all about masculine cards so, here is the card I made, I hope it fits the theme.


This image is from Northwoods Rubber Stamps , I had it for a long time, I just love it and THIS is the image I used.  I see the squirrels rushing around in my back yard from my craft room windows and sometimes, they are on the roof and I can see them peeking inside while I'm sitting at my work table, from the gutters. 
I know they are cute and I really wanted to make a masculine card so I just kept it simple, no bling, no sentiment, just a background of embossed trees done with SU Woodland Embossing folder.
I colored this image with Prismacolor pencils and paper stumps dipped in baby oil, the berries with SU Cherry Cobbler Marker and the branches with SU Crumb Cake and Chocolate chip.
I sponged the sky with Tim Holtz Broken China distress ink.
Here is a close up.


Here is a picture of the finished inside.


And here is the masculine banner that inspired this card. I know this picture has nothing to do with squirrels, in my defense, this little critter is a boy.


Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.




13 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Northwoods, never heard of that company but he is so ever handsome! Such a great Masculine card for sure!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Patti, that is exactly what I thought, this guys is so handsome and that is why I used this image.

Sonny said...

AWWWW...cute ! Your card looks like my scene outside my patio door ! I think your coloring is perfect on this fella . I think squirrels must be in the universal consciousness stream....I am cutting out squirrels this morning with a Valentine theme in mind ! GIGGLE ! Cute card !!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thanks my friend, I love, love seeing this chubby critters running around back and forth from the bird feeders. This image looks like a boy squirrel to me and that is why I used it. You worried me there for a second....."cutting out squirrels.....?" LOL!!

Happy Dance said...

Fantastic masculine card. That squirrel image is sweet, and the way you've colored him and the branches and berries is just amazing. I love the squirrels that run through our neighborhood too. They're just fun to watch. Once in a while, they stop on the patio and peek in through the glass doors! Funny little creatures! Bev

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Bev, this little critters are a joy to watch doing their squirrely things.

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Maria, love the embossed background and your colouring of that cute squirrel. We don't have them here in Australia, wouldn't know one if I fell across it but they sure look cute. Love how you did the fur.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Aileen, this little critters are all over the yard, some of them are gray and some brown, I also have chipmunks and they are adorable.
I didn't know there are no squirrels in Australia, and there I was, thinking this little critters lived all over the world.

Mary Fish said...

Just squirrely about this one!

Diane Jaquay said...

Love the squirrel image and your coloring, and the embossed background looks wonderful with it! Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Challenge!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Diane, masculine cards are a bit hard to make for me but I really like how this one looks.

Claire Broadwater said...

Maria, this is fabulous! I love that little squirrel and your coloring if amazing! So happy you joined us at The Challenge this week! XX