Followers

Saturday, October 29, 2016

THE HOP TO STOP DOMESTIC VIOLENCE!!!!!

Hello everyone: Today's post is a bit late, I just found out about this blog hop to stop domestic violence and, even if it's almost over, I want to join in because there should always be awareness about this epidemic, where people suffer, most times in silence, abuse of all kinds that will leave scars for life.  Becca Cruger is the hostess for THE HOP TO STOP, she started this hop to help victims and survivors of domestic violence, to give them hope and encouragement and support to leave the abusive relationship.  So, even if it's a bit late, here is my card that hopefully raise awareness about this problem.


PURPLE is the color of the National Domestic Violence Awareness month and it also happens to be my most favorite color.  This lovely Orchids image is from a Power Poppy set called Orchids Rock by Marcella Hawley. I stamped this image onto a panel of Canson water color paper with Versafine black ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder, then I colored this gorgeous flowers with SU markers, and aqua painter and Prismacolor pencils. The awesome sentiments, in front and inside of my card are from this fabulous set, I think they are perfectly fitting for this cause!!
The ribbon, papers and bling are from my stash.
*****************************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


I urge you to please go to Becca's blog and read her story, it's powerful and inspiring and it gives hope to all of those people who are in situations like hers and found the courage to leave their abusers.  
I would like to enter this card onto the following challenges, to further spread the word.

The Damsel of Distress Blog Hop "The Hop to Stop 2016"
Hop_to_Stop_2016

Art By Miran challenge #70 "Anything Goes"
Daring Cardmakers "Sparkle and Shine"
Addicted to Stamps challenge #217 "Make your Mark"
Crafty Catz challenge #344 "Anything Goes with Punches or Dies"

Thank you for stopping by, I read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.



11 comments:

Mary Fish said...

Great cause. Beautiful card. Love the luscious mix of purples!

Patti Willey said...

Oh great now I need this stamp set! Wowzers! Pinning!

Jeanne H said...

Wonderful card and cause.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, amazing card!! Love this stamp and the sentiment that fit so well the theme! Fabulous!

Preeti D. (aka Dutt Preety) said...

Oh! i just love that sentiment. such an inspirational card :) it is great!!! thanks for supporting the hop to stop! creating awareness about domestic violence is such an important issue
hugs
preeti

Greta said...

Stunningly beautiful card!

Becca Yahrling said...

This is just gorgeous! I love all flowers, but Orchids are one of my favorites.

Kraftyscot (Donna) said...

Gorgeous card, love the design and colours! Thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Crafty Catz this week!
Hugs Donna (DT Member)
xx

Becca Cruger said...

Absolutely beautifully colored piece of art! Thank you so much for joining in the Hop to Stop and helping to raise awareness for victims of domestic violence.

Becca Cruger said...

Hi Maria - you were one of the winners over at the Hop to Stop. Could you send me your contact info as soon as possible please? bexcruger@gmail.com

Aileen said...

Hi Maria I never got to see this card with everything that was going on. Congrats on your win at the Hop to stop, totally deserved. Stunning card.