Followers

Saturday, March 4, 2017

Awesome Botanical Blooms.....

Hello everyone and welcome to THE FLOWER CHALLENGE #6. Thank you to all who participated in our challenge #5, where your entries CASEing the fabulous Therese Carvird were amazing.
So this time our theme is Anything Goes, a very popular theme because it's you who decides everything about your card, just remember to make your FLOWERS your focal image.
So, while I was thinking about what kind of card I was going to make, I decided to do what I seldom do and that is NO WATER COLORING at all.  I confess it was hard, I feel that this is the medium I love the most but this time, I went totally outside my box and created this card, let me know what you think.


This flowers were die cut with one of my absolute favorite Stampin' Up! sets, the Botanical Builder Framelits Dies, I love each and everyone of this flowers, they add fabulous dimension to your cards.
All I did was to cut them in pink, yellow, black and blue card stock and build my flowers. I sponged some Ripe Persimmon and Barn Door distress inks in the center of the big flowers for some depth. 
The corner die cut was made with THIS Tim Holts Alterations die set.
I couldn't resist adding a couple of sweet little bees to my  panel, they are from a Power Poppy set called, Dynamic Duos: Foxglove and Ranunculus, I very, very carefully snipped this two little bees from the stamp to be able to place them anywhere I wanted. I put them in a little ziplock bag that is inside the big bag where I keep this stamp set, I would hate to loose them.
The sentiment is from an old Flourishes set called "Hydrangeas".
*********************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment is from an old retired stamp set from Flourishes called "Zinnias", I added another little flower from the same SU die set just to make this panel look pretty.
I hope you are inspired to participate in The Flower Challenge #6, "Anything Goes", the sky is the limit, we can't wait to see what you create.
For more inspiration, hop over the challenge blog HERE and visit my teammates blogs to see their gorgeous creations and leave them some comment love.

Please display our banner when you submit your card to the gallery, here it is so you can copy and paste it on your blog post.

Also, please take a minute to read our rules, they are few but important.
Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.




9 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

I love the colours you've chosen Maria: so summery and cheerful. The little die cut in the corner is gorgeous. It's like peeking through the trellis to the summer sky.

Aileen said...

Maria, what a stunner. Love the addition of blending to the die cut flowers, really adds a wonderful look. The blue background through that wonderful partial die cut is perfect for the flowers. And the addition of those two bees PERFECT. they are so detailed love em.

Mary Fish said...

Stunning bouquet, Maria! Love the flower on the interior!

Karren said...

Fabulous! The die in the corner is such a perfect backdrop to these gorgeous flowers.

Ruth said...

Maria! Doing something different and you totally NAILED IT!!! It's absolutely gorgeous - I love all the flowers, the colours are perfect, the positioning is perfect, really it's beautiful. I LOVE the blue background. You should try this more often :) xx

TaeEun said...

Beautiful card without any water colored elements, Maria! I love the tropical colors matching to the flowers and greenery. And the tiny bees were a great touch!

Susan said...

The colors make me think of Hawaii...beautifully done!

Viv said...

Another technique you mastered now too Maria! It looks great, love your beautiful bright flowers and blue background.Oh and the tiny bees about to pollinate the flowers too...perfect. Sorry I am late commenting on your card too ;) hugs Viv xx

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

Beautiful cheery card!