Followers

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Just Doodling.....

Hello everyone: Some time ago, while browsing Pinterest, I discover the art of ZENTANGLE, which takes doodling to a whole new lebel. I was intrigued by the intricate designs on this awesome images and, as it often happens with something that tickle my curiosity, I went and Google'd it only to find a ton of blogs dedicated to this ultimate form of Doodling. I went ahead and bought a book, ZENTANGLE BASICS, which is really super cool.
In spite of what might appear as very complicated doodling, it's quite relaxing and surprisingly easy to do so, here is a card that was inspired by several challenges that I will link to at the end of this post.



This flower is from a stamp set by "The Cat's Meow" called "Beautiful Spring", I chose it because of the nice space provided by the petals, here is a picture of it before I started doodling on it.


Quite a change, don't you think? I went to my book to look for some designs and I just doodled away. I decided to make the center of the flower more vivid, I thought that by going with the black pen on this tiny strands would make them disappear, I really like the way it looks like this.

Here is a close up of this Zentangled flower.


I hope you can still see each little petal.
****************************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


Both the sentiment and the Hot Air Balloon are from an old Flourishes set called "Lots of Thoughts"

I'm entering this card onto the following challenges.

Addicted to CAS Challenge #106 "DOODLE"

Alphabet Challenge "Z" for Zero Embellishments.
Dragons Lair Designs Challenge "March Challenge" Anything Goes/optional twist "Spring Flowers"
Daring Cardmakers March Elemental Inspiration.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgB_sVLMuzbB4mE-JQEv5ObtZXbH5BfjvnAfbzZeazNHq4QfQSywYreNmNoAucJqtANm72dC27VQUi3MfbVUhVzlor_HXs-6I7SKGGvLphsShn7TkLijFvLxHOAw-sy9mfNE_Ao5JOi0aiK/s1600/Image8.jpg

Brown Sugar Challenge #240 Anything Goes.

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping. (or doodling)
Hugs from Maria.



12 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Wow you're really good at that! Keep it up! Start a journal book for these while you're stuck watching sports when Mario's on vacation! Genius right!

LeAnne said...

Very cool, Maria! I have seen this done before but never attempted it myself....I think you must have a lot more patience than I d, LOL!

Aileen said...

Wow Maria I love how you have done this especially with the bright orange part in the middle. Really knocks its out there. I cant believe I have this stamp, finally we share a stamp but could never do this. I tried zen..... A few times and it just never works for me. Lucky you nailed it cause this is perfect.

Mary Fish said...

Stunning. I'm in love with this look!

Miri said...

Your card is great. It's a cool idea to "fill" a stamped image with your zentangle patterns. Thanks for joining the Daring Cardmakers this week.

Angelnorth said...

Lovely zentangling going on here and a great take on the inspiration photo! Thanks for joining us Daring Cardmakers this week!

Tammy said...

What a fabulous card, I love that Zentangled flower! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.
Tammy x

Bhavana said...

Fabulous design.. LOved the doodling. Thanks for playing with us ATCAS!!

Enfys said...

Love this!

Julie B said...

Fab Zentangled flower and I love the pop of red in the center.
Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge. :)

Pippa said...

Great Zentangling. Thanks for joining in at Dragons Lair Designs Challenge. Pippa DLD DT

Barbiedi said...

lovely card thanks for entering the stamping with dragon challenge