Followers

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Just Keep Swimming.....

Hello dear blogging friends: Some time ago I won this Beta Fish stamp with THIS CARD at the Designs by Ryn October challenge, I used to be very shy about putting my cards out there but my friends convinced me to share them and now, I love participating in challenges, this gives me a chance to push myself to be creative and also, I meet a lot of fabulous card makers out there sharing their love for this craft.
I have a card to share with you today and I will link it up to several challenges at the end of this post.


This beautiful image of a Beta Fish is being inked for the first time, I don't know why I waited so long to play with it.
I stamped my image onto a die cut panel of Strathmore mixed media paper with Versafine black ink and clear heat emboss it, then colored it with SU markers, an aqua painter an did some highlights with Prismacolor pencils. The pattern paper is from Lili of the Valley (retired), the sentiment form THIS Hero Arts clear stamp set.
*********************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The bubbles are from another Designs by Ryn stamp called Rising Bubbles and the sentiment from an old Flourishes set called "Magnolias".

I'm entering this card onto the following challenges.
Designs by Ryn April Customer Creation Challenge.
LiveLoveCards April Challenge "Sea Life", this fish doesn't live in the sea so I'm taking a leap of faith here with this card.
The Crazy Challenge #245 "Bingo" I picked the bottom choices, hope the shades of pink are ok.
My Creative Scoop Color Inspiration Monday.
2 Crafty Critter Crazies, your card MUST have a critter.

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.



7 comments:

Aileen said...

Maria, I cant believe you havent stamped and coloured this fish before. Its stunning in the colours you used, your card is breathtaking.. Love that fish

Ryn Tanaka said...

Hey Maria, so glad to hear that you are getting your art out there and that you've received so much support from fellow crafters :) Thanks for showing me what you made with your prize. Love the colouring on the fish! It almost looks iridescent! Bye for now!

Patti Willey said...

Nice to be rewarded for all the challenges you've entered during your blog! This fish is beautiful you really accomplished the irredescent colors on his body!

lostinpaper said...

Oh my goodness, your fish is divine (I don't think I would normally say that about a fish... but truly divine)! I can see this fish in sooo many colours and your choice of blues and purples was perfect.

Mary Fish said...

I'm always a fan of fish! Beautiful coloring as always!

NanaConnie said...

Gorgeous coloring, Maria! I love that beta image. I'm just tickled to pieces that you are supporting our new 'critter' challenge at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies and I hope you'll become a regular. Thank you. :-D
NanaConnie DT

NanaConnie said...

Congratulations on being our winner at 2 Craft Critter Crazies, Maria! Please check the new blog post for instructions on claiming your prize. :-D